I moved in almost one month ago to the day and I’m finally starting to feel like the apartment is closer to ‘done’. While the decor process is never fully done (and I like to mix it up fairly often), I am crossing many things off the to do list and to purchase list so I thought I’d share some of the progress and a peek at many of the updates you’ll see on the blog soon.
- Lighting: Need lamp for dining area and replace broken lamp in bar area (both done, lighting post coming soon!)
- Rug: Need one for door leading to balcony, small entry rug needed (half done, awesome new rug concept coming to the blog later this week)
- Replace TV, clean up cord mess behind credenza: (half done, my poor old tv decided it was no longer compatible with my cable box and I can’t exactly live without my real housewives fix, so I finally gave in after months of troubleshooting and got a new one. Cord mess still needs to be tackled.)
- New tv: lamp swap? (New tv looks great, but the new model is much slimmer than the 8 or 10 year old one I had before, so the mint lamp is currently dwarfing the poor tv. I might move the mint lamp back to its old home on the night stand and bring my white table lamp here instead.)
- Blank wall behind credenza (With the new tv, the wall behind the credenza is looking more and more bare, and rather than add another gallery wall or large art, I found the perfect piece. You can probably figure it out if you follow me on Instagram.)
- Reorganize and style bar area (One of the projects I accomplished this past weekend, and found two new adorable trays to get the job done. It might need a few more tweaks but it’s looking much better.)
- Reorganize cabinets (Done, kitchen organization post coming soon)
- Gallery wall– get new photos printed, add remaining row at the bottom (Photos from my latest trip to New York ordered, and I already have other frames on hand to use so I can finish this wall as soon as the prints arrive.)
- Move old TV into bedroom (done, though it looks ridiculous on the black bookshelf…)
- Black bookshelf– too small and awkward, sell and replace with smaller credenza/dresser? Craigslist? (On the hunt for something shorter and longer so the scale is right… likely mid-century, and most importantly, something affordable)
- Add floor lamp (Finished living room lighting, so I moved the broken floor lamp in the bedroom for it’s final couple days or weeks until my new floor lamp arrives)
- Finish organizing bedroom bookshelf, items on desk and pink stool (still not done, I’ve been avoiding this like the plague for some reason.)
- Hide/cover hall closet area so it looks less chaotic (might have found the perfect solution for this, stay tuned)
- Finish organizing hall closet area (not quite finished)
Thankfully I made a decent amount of headway this weekend so the list isn’t looking so daunting. Can’t wait to share more progress and updates very soon!
Inspired by Bliss at Home’s Month in Review posts, I wanted to start doing my own! With 20+ posts a month, I’m sure it’s easy to get behind and don’t want anyone to miss out on a post. I hope this will be a fun, quick way to get caught up on all the Studio Style Blog features from the past 30 days.
Around the Apartment:
Favorite link of the day:
Styled Three Ways:
Style on a budget
Look for less
Thanks to all of my readers, old and new, for a great month! Stay tuned for lots of great content coming up in April.