Here are a couple tips and tricks to stay organized and efficient during the packing and moving process!
1. Put jewelry (especially necklaces) in separate ziplock bags so they don’t get tangled up in the move.
2. Take photos of your gallery wall or art arrangement so you can remember where everything goes when you put it up in your new place.
3. After taking art off the walls to pack it up, add special hooks, nails, screws, etc in bags and label them by art piece so you aren’t digging around through parts and pieces to figure out which hook goes with which painting, etc.
4. Take photos of the back of your tv, cable box, dvd player, etc. When hooking it all up at the new place, you’ll easily be able to reference the photo and make the process much quicker.
5. Pack your dishes early- I just finished packing up my dishes and glasses over the weekend. You don’t want to be rushed to wash and pack everything the night before you move. So pretend you’re in college for a week and live off paper plates and solo cups. I feel slightly guilty about the environmental impact but I never purchase these except when preparing for a move- so once every year or two isn’t so bad.
Check out other tips in my moving guide series here.