After my post on marble accessories, I considered buying the crock above.
However, I realized that it was relatively short in height and I wanted a taller crock, similar to what I already have (which is actually an Ikea vase).
After lots of online browsing, I decided to DIY one instead of purchase. I found marble contact paper and ordered a roll. Bonus: it was a huge roll and only cost $11!
Cutting, measuring and placing the contact paper on a round object that is narrow at the bottom and wide at the top…. not so easy. This turned out to be more time consuming and difficult than I planned for. I finally finished it but it’s certainly not perfect. I like the look and it’s still a much better upgrade from the clear vase I had before. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I’m not very skilled at the art of DIY-ing, so I’m calling this project a win.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post to find out the (semi crazy) idea I had for using the rest of the marble contact paper!